Friday, April 10, 2009

Secrets Out...

My DH was pleasantly surprised by the family room furniture last week I surprised him with. Surprised because: 1) it was already moved in with none of his muscle 2) he had never seen it before.


The Thursday before he arrived, my mother and I were out late galavanting productively at Wal-Mart, only to get lost on the way home in my new neighborhood. What a blessing that was!

We spotted our new couch and chair sitting on the side of the road. Perfect condition, neutral colors (my fave), and F-R-E-E, which just so happens to fit our shoe-string budget. All they needed was a little cleaning, and to retie the springs below! While I would not marry the pieces, it will help us save up for the fabulous ones we want and put off the purchase process to a more doable time.


When informed - DH's immediate response was, "What happens when we invite our neighbors over?!?" He was more calm when I explained that they weren't a street over (wink, wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment